Get Your Tree in Shape.
Learn more about pruning.
Call: (415) 459-4399
"After two days’ work, this “minimalist” garden is again in its beauty; no surprise that it was done by the company that calls itself “Artistry in Trees.”
For a younger tree, pruning is essential for its development and form; for a mature tree much less so. But young or mature, a tree properly pruned can transform a property, add excitement to any Marin County home or support a healthy outdoor environment.
Artistry in Trees offers a variety of pruning options:
- Structural pruning – to develop properly balanced branch growth on the main trunk and scaffolding branches and encourage interior branch growth
- Crown reduction and shaping – to reduce overall size by drop crotch pruning while striving for best possible shape
- End-weight removal – to reduce weight on long, end-heavy branches
- Crown cleaning – to remove unsightly branches and dead wood
- Tree Thinning – to remove branches for increased air movement and light penetration
- View Enhancement – to enhance a scenic view, perhaps the bay, a mountain or the ocean
- Reducing and shaping - to prune established hedges for aesthetic beauty and overall health
How much to prune? It can depend on several factors: a tree’s size, its age, the species and the results you want to achieve. Proper pruning can energize a tree, giving it the structure it needs to sustain good health.
Pruning Technique: Young vs. Mature Trees
Tree pruning practices for young versus older trees often differ. Younger trees are more vulnerable to the damage caused by haphazard or careless tree cutting practices. Well maintained older trees typically need less trimming.
Tree Pruning Gallery:
Crown Reduction and Cleaning Gallery:
View Enhancement Gallery:
Hedge Trimming Gallery: